For players looking for a comprehensive experience focused on teaching the right way to play the game. Friend requests are taken for BSNY teams (up to 5th grade). Focus is always placed on individual and team improvement. All players should be participating in at least 33% – 40% of each game throughout the season. Energy, Effort and Development are the three essential characteristics of BSNY players per our training process to our coaches.
What to expect….
- Evaluation night: late Sept/early Oct to place players on teams that are the best match for their skill levels
- Head coaches: All BSNY staff are experienced in teaching the game to players of all levels and have far more experience playing than any other organization
- One team practice per week: 90 mins Friday nights (UES/UWS gyms, specific gyms and times dependent on specific team placement) these practices are geared towards game planning and team development! Some teams that request it will be granted a 2nd team practice.
- One skill practice per week: 1 hour weekday intensive individual skill training!
- Weekend game in 55 Swish League against other NYC travel basketball programs: Saturdays or Sundays-mostly Sundays at Basketball City (Downtown-Exit 3 off FDR-amazing one a kind seven court facility). 10 Game minimum regular season + playoffs
- Team uniforms: matching jersey and shorts along with team apparel item(s)-changes each season
Still unsure which program is the best fit for your child?
Not to worry, call us in the office at (646) 692-3273 and we’ll be able to assist you and ultimately – we will have an evaluation night for all new players regardless.
Click the link below to register. Registering places you in “BSNY Travel Team Player Pool” and we will separate players into teams after evaluations are complete